Frequently Asked Questions / Info
About Our Music
- Our music is described many ways: intimate, pleasant, nostalgic, romantic, happy, jazzy, ethereal and moving.
- Our sound is easy-listening, relaxed and clean.
- We call ourselves “live radio”. We want you to decide your experience with us. If you choose to sit back and listen, awesome!
- If you choose to “have us on in the background” that’s awesome, too!!
- We entertain you with songs from a multitude of time periods while you enjoy your evening with your loved ones
- Although our song choices range from jazz standards to current day, we don’t perform them in a heavy or intense way. All songs that we perform are laid-back or “chill” (as we’ve been described).
- You won’t hear heavy-handed guitar work or screaming vocals. For example, you may hear us perform the song “I was made for loving you” by Kiss but that song will not be performed like the original – it will be an acoustic “unplugged” sort of feel.
- We are not the type of entertainment that is “in your face” – our job is background dinner music.
- We don’t “blast you out of the room” with our volume. We are very mindful of the fact that we are providing dinner music so we pay close attention to our volume.
Great question! With Little Black Dress acoustic duo you get live entertainment with real musicians at a fraction of the cost of a larger band or DJ without sacrificing quality. We cover a wide range of musical genres so we can easily adapt to meet your entertainment needs. We are experienced in song choice to set the mood of your event, which creates a comfortable, sophisticated and sociable atmosphere with enjoyable background music. We are easy to contact and easy to work with; guiding you through all the important musical details of your special event. Additionally, our setup is quick (in as little as 20 minutes), does not take up much room (about 6′ x 6′) and sounds and looks great! What more could you need?! 🙂
We do not have a fixed price for performances. Pricing depends on the venue location, performance duration and if the event is a private versus a public event. With that said, we do our best to offer highly competitive pricing; working with each client / venue individually. Reach out to us with our booking page to get started!
Of course! Our goal is to make your event memorable and that sometimes involves having music that is special to you or your guests. We work with each individual client to determine how much new material we would be able to learn. Keep in mind, hiring us a week before an event limits the amount of new material we’d be able to learn. Book early!
The short answer is no. However, we are foodies and we certainly would appreciate the generous offer to have a meal provided for each of us.
We get asked this all the time. Our guests assume that because we have a full sound as an acoustic duo we must use prerecorded tracks. All the music you hear during a performance and on the website, for that matter, is live! We use live looping to record the guitar in real time. Rick can then accompany himself with additional musical guitar parts – all in real time. We also have a drum machine that can lay down simple beats / grooves.
We have no issue with tracks at all. We think performers should use whatever tools work for them to provide a memorable evening for their guests. In our case we just enjoy the challenge, flexibility and FUN of playing live.
We can setup in about 20 minutes. Obviously if the distance from our car to the event spot is a bit of a hike, it will take us longer. We like to arrive for public events, such as restaurants, about 30 minutes before the event starts. For weddings and cocktail hours we arrive earlier to have everything setup and ready to go well before the ceremony or cocktail hour / reception begins.
If we are playing for a 1 hour event, we do not. If we play a multiple hour event we would like to take a 10 minute break after every hour of play. If you want us to perform the whole time, it can be arranged.
Why, yes we are! We would love it if you would like us! Thanks!
Use our contact / booking page with any questions or comments you have. We will happily get back to you ASAP!
Very. We play everything from jazz to current day pop. We have done complete jazz events to a mix of material. We do find that covering lots of ground in musical genres gives everyone something to smile about and do a little toe-tap, too!
As a gigging duo we try to keep a fairly busy schedule. With that said, if you have a special event and you want us to play but you notice we have a public venue scheduled on the same day, please CONTACT US! While we cannot guarantee we can be available for your date, we will certainly try.
Absolutely! We do it all the time. The exception to an outside performance is the weather. We will not setup outside if the weather is questionable. The equipment we use is expensive and we cannot put it at risk for damage.
All we require is power. We bring our own high quality PA and equipment to the event. Our footprint is about 6′ x 6′.
Yes! To make a long story short, the concept of Little Black Dress was “We are an acoustic duo to fit any occasion just like a little black dress”. However, the overwhelming feedback from people was for Sherri to actually wear a little black dress as part of our branding. So now you know!
Yes, it is! Is there really any other choice? 🙂
This is another question we get asked all the time. Yes, we are really married! We are fortunate that we get to meet some great people, have some laughs and do what we both love to do together!